Monday, February 22, 2016

An Education Miracle: 10 Years Later

10 years ago I started this blog with a vision for an empowered educational future. I was 20 years old, and when people asked me what I was passionate about, and what changes I wished to see in the world, I would usually quote Gandhi:

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

I was fully, completely, committedly, devotedly to full extent of my ability doing exactly this. Being the change I wished to see.

I vehemently worked on acquiring the tools to share a vision, and on formulating an ideal vision of the world. I staunchly followed my beliefs in self-education and consumed quantities and quantities of the best information I could find in two areas: 1) communications and learning, and 2) a vision for the world working together where everyone could be fully and completely supported in acquiring, applying, and sharing all the wisdom and information necessary to achieve their dreams and make their own visions for an 'optimal world' come true.

One could say I was successful in achieving these goals. I studied lots of both common and rare historical information, as well as discovered many completely incredible extremely advanced technologies that would radically transform our earth today. And I also learned an amazing amount about reaching out to and engaging large numbers of people online. My small marketing team was able to conduct a launch of approx. $18 Million dollars in sales in a 24 hour sales window in October of 2006. And I and my fiancé went from a zero net worth to being millionaires when I was only 22 years old. Visible success in communications was achieved.

My commitment to education and empowering people through knowledge, wisdom and support continued throughout my journeys. From age 20-25 I was pretty much surrounded by only adults, and I was missing being around children, since this was a pretty big part of my passion. While I was working to support the education of adults, there were no kids in sight... and my calling for supporting the younger ones, was big, and continues to inspire me deeply.

In 2009 just 2 months before my 25th birthday, my first child, Eva was born, and in 2.5 years later I gave birth to my second daughter, Aria. And my personal investment in the status of real, empowering education of young people became not just my own passion, but a daily one and a duty to my children.

From 2009-2011 I began pouring my energies it to discovering an action plan that could bring the kind of quality school and support system that I could dream up into a daily reality. I diligently, carefully researched and formulated a plan. I discovered that much of my research and knowledge of established solutions was extremely unknown the people in my community. I also discovered some huge gaps in my knowledge. And I learned that my ideas and contribution was extremely respected, needed, wanted and that the only way I was going to be effective was if I provided strong leadership.

Until then, my approach had been more collaborative. I was in my mid twenties, so I think I felt unqualified to lead and inspire a community. And it was in a place that I did not really know. How was it my place to step up or step in and lead? And as a white person, stepping into a native Hawai’i that had such a legacy… who was I to know what was right?

I think I am now realizing that it is not about right or wrong. We are all on this journey together. Nobody has it ‘right’. Though more and more I am realizing how important it is to use the voice that we have. We are never speaking for just ourselves when we share our truth. As a collective, we are made up of many individuals. When we share our point of view on humanity, this is a valuable, worthwhile and vital contribution.

The journey of gratitude that I have been on… has been immeasurable. My journey here with this island, this land, these peoples… has been an incredible journey of a lifetime. It has been so rich with wisdom, personal lessons, compassion, community, and honor.

I look forward to sharing more with you. Thank you for following my journey. More to come.

With Aloha and Love from Kaua’i

Sincerely,

Jessica

No comments: